For starters, it's ok to break the rules (that's what entrepreneurship is about)...just so long as you don't break more than two of them (oh, and you must abide by rules 4 and 8)!
1. More than just a concept. We are looking for companies that are beyond just the ‘concept phase’. There must be a demonstrable product and we will heavily favour those able to bring a technical as well as commercial team member to show the company is built on solid technology.
2. ‘Early Stage’ only. We are looking for early stage companies. Ideally, we are looking at those at prototype stage or who’ve launched in the last few months, and so haven’t gained significant media/investment attention and also are not at the idea concept! Publicly traded or large, well-known private companies are not eligible (this rule cannot be broken!).
3. Ready to deploy capital. It is preferable but not required that the company or project must not have raised a large amount of money from institutional investors (small amounts from friends, family and mentors are ok, but the key word is 'small'). Also, this is not a forum for established companies seeking later stage capital or strategic exits (this rule cannot be broken!).
4. Only newbies need apply. Pitch ICE is for new companies and entrepreneurs to gain attention and investment; it is not for established companies to launch new products or even divisions (this rule cannot be broken).
5. Totally committed. The fewer existing commitments you have, and the more you can do to prove you are determined to execute the better.
6. Scalable solution. We are looking for entrepreneurs with a unique perspective that are looking to take a scalable business solution to the next level.
7. English-speaking. While we are looking for solutions and businesses that span the globe, Pitch ICE is an English speaking event, hence English proficiency is required.
8. Get your video face on. Pitch Video to be prepared so we can promote your pitch prior to the event (this rule cannot be broken).
Alan Moon, Best Gambling, Pitch ICE sponsors:
"Best Gambling is delighted to sponsor Pitch ICE 2019. Our focus is working with and supporting start-up and scale-up games, sportsbooks and technologies.
"We are an innovative Operator that delivers a platform for clients to enter the UK online market. Our clients want to launch products sooner and at lower cost within highly regulated markets, whilst safeguarding compliance; essentially ‘We operate your game’.
"Clients are free to focus on marketing and commercial development, with compliance oversight from Best Gambling. We integrate with payment providers / data feeds, and ensure software development, product releases and advertising remain within regulations.
"Our clients have products and brands that span the online gambling sector. We will be networking at Pitch ICE during the day and evening reception; come and chat with us!"