Sports Betting in New Markets & in Indian Country
In association with NIGA, ICE north America and Brazil gaming Congress
As new large markets are now opening up to legal sports betting, USA and Brazil, ICE London expects an influx of visitors from these jurisdictions, eager to learn about the policy, product, technology and marketing strategies to create the successful market.
In association with ICE NA and BgC, the two events that will in 2019 focus their content on sports betting to accommodate demand in their host countries, this free seminar on the showfloor provide the learning and networking platform for the new entrants and those with expertise to share.
As the result of the cooperation with the National Indian Gaming Association, the afternoon sessions will focus on sports betting opportunities in tribal gaming and the USA.
10:30 New sports betting markets around the world – where, when and how
• What regulatory changes are taking place that open up the sports betting markets
• Regulatory and commercial opportunities and challenges for global providers
• Partnerships – an unwanted requirement or an opportunity
11:15 Technology, products, platforms – what you need to know before you start your supplier partnership negotiations
• The economics of sports betting and how that impacts on your product and technology choices
• Setting your goals and how they should drive you strategy – traffic driver to land-based establishments or profit centre on its own
• What technology and platform options are out there for both retail and online/mobile sports wagering
12:00 Putting sports fan/consumer at the centre of your sports betting strategy
• Understanding who your customers are and what sports they follow to create a product they’ll want
• Tapping into casual sports fan vs. experienced, hardcore bettor
• Driving consumers from illegal to legal betting
• Marketing and advertising – finding the balance to drive consumers to legal betting without advertising overkill
Afternoon sessions, hosted by NIGA
14:30 Leadership Panel: A Candid Conversation On Sports Betting In The U.S.
• What can we expect with sports betting legislation in 2019?
• When negotiating sports betting what are the driving factors?
• Will federal legislation create continuity or complications?
• What is important for sport betting providers to know of the Tribal market?
15:15 What Can Tribal Gaming Learn From Global Sports Betting Market?
• What advice does the global sports betting market have for America?
• What can be learned from past mistakes?
• How does the U.S. create a sustainable market
• Will the US and European experience lead to a stronger regulatory framework?
16:00 Sports Betting Policy In Indian Country: A Look at State & Federal Law & Policy
• A deep dive into the legislative and policy issues in 2019
• What are the restrictions and the avenues in State and Tribal law?
• The timeline for sports betting acceptance may be a 2020 election year catalyst
• When will the offerings include mobile and online or is that still a bridge too far in a new market?
• Have we addressed responsible gaming concerns enough?
16:45 End of seminar